Digit Word Problems - Examples and Questions with AnswersJun 02, 2021
What are Digit Word Problems?
Digit word problem is a problem of the type, “If the sum of digits of a two-digit number is 8 and the difference between the units digit and the tens digit is 4. Find the number.”
If we analyze the above statement carefully we realize that such problems involve a two-digit number with some sort of relationship between the two digits like in this case addition and subtraction of the two digits.
Examples of Digit Word Problems
- The sum of two digits of a two-digit number is 12. If the unit digit is twice the tens digit then find the number.
- The difference between the tens and the units digit is 5. If the tens digit is 2 more than twice units digit, find the number.
- The sum of the tens and units digit is 10. If adding 18 reverses the number, find the number.
- The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 11. If we reverse the number the number decreases by 9. Find the number.
- The tens digit is two more than the units digit. If the sum of the number and its reversed number is 66. Find the number.
How to solve Digit Word Problems?
Example 1: The sum of the number and its reverse is 77. If subtracting 9 from the number reverses the number, find the number.
Example 2: The difference between the units digit and the tens digit is 3. If the reversed number is added to the original number gives 121, find the number.
To learn more about 11+ Advanced Algebra topics, word problems and how to solve them, view our video lessons on Advanced Algebra Word Problems for 11+ Exams.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.