Fractions Word Problems - Examples and Questions with AnswersJun 03, 2021
What are Fractions Word Problems?
Fraction is the most fundamental topic in mathematics. Before starting this fraction word problem we must have knowledge of the following:
- What is fraction addition?
- What is fraction subtraction?
- What is fraction multiplication?
- What is fraction division?
After knowing all this we can easily solve algebraic fraction word problems.
How to solve Fractions Word Problems?
Example 1: One-eighth of a number added to its fourth part, is ten less than the number. What is the number?
Fractions Word Problems
- 3/5th of a number is 75. Find the number.
- Bob reads two-seventh of 49 pages of his lesson. How many more pages left to complete the lesson?
- One-third of a number is 3 more than one-sixth of the number. Find out the number.
- One-fourth of a number is 25 less than two-fourth of the number. What is three-fourths of the number?
- One-sixth of a number added to its fourth part is seven less than the number. What is the number?
- 35 pages
To learn more about 11+ Advanced Algebra topics, word problems and how to solve them, view our video lessons on Advanced Algebra Word Problems for 11+ Exams.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.